- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Stick
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash ground ginger
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (I used purple ones that were one sale for an extra kick but regular orange sweet potatoes work just as well)
- 1 bag of small Dandies marshmellows (corn free marshmellows)
- 2 spoonfuls of Ricemellow Cream
First, boil the sweet potatoes until the skin starts to peel off on it's own. This makes them so easy to peel and easy to mash. Once they've been boiled, just put the potatoes to the side and boil the apple slices until they are cooked.
When the potatoes are cool enough to touch, peel off the skin and throw the potatoes in a bowl. Smash 'em.
Put the apple slices in a blender.
In a big bowl, mix together the buttery stick and the sugar first. Then add the almond milk, apples, and spices. Add the mashed up potatoes. The last ingredient is the Ricemellow cream. Just add a couple of spoonfuls. When it's all blended together well, put this evenly into a cake pan (13" x 9") and cook for 40 minutes at 350F. When you take it out and it's still hot, put the marshmellows evenly on top of the sweet potatoes. Right before you serve it, heat it up slightly just so the marshmellow melt a bit.
This was a huge hit.