Material: Dupioni Silk, linen, and cotton
Pattern: My own with a mix of the Simplicity Ever After pattern if I remember correctly. Everything was cut out already, I just had to sew the stupid thing up!
How historically accurate is it? Dupioni silk isn't correct of course but neither is all the machine sewing on the inside of this dress. There is some handsewing around the neckline, the inside bodice hem, and the evil eyelets. The skirt sides and the shoulder seams are machine.
Hours to complete: Four since I already had it cut out.
First worn: Hopefully, tomorrow for pictures and then at a couple of events coming up this Feb.
Total cost: I *think* this was the goldensilks sale fabric so maybe $20 for everything?
I lost my lacings and I have no idea where they are. That's why the dress is pinned in the pictures. Also, my waistline/underbust and my dress dummies are in very different places - this is an underbust dress and not a lower rib/high waistline dress.
I was aiming for an underdress similar to these Venetians from the 1490's:
|From the Realm of Venus site|
I really love the late 15th and early 16th century Venetian fashions. They are comfortable and yet beautiful at the same time. I do have a matching pair of gauntlets and an overdress that will go with this gold underdress but neither were finished this evening, unfortunately. The overdress has issues that I think I finally figured out. Still, it won't be done until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm just glad I finally got the gold dress done since it's been sitting on the sewing table arm since October, I think. Maybe September....