Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DIY Toothpaste

So...due to food allergies, I can only get very certain types of toothpaste. A lot of toothpastes have corn in them (as a sweetener!) and, although a very small amount of corn won't hurt me, it's better not to tempt fate like that.

Well, my brand of toothpaste, Tom's of Maine, was out at the store. D'oh! And I was completely out at home. However, I remembered reading that in the 19th and early 20th C, people brushed their teeth with Baking soda. So I went home, and found this recipe. I added both vanilla and mint extract and it still tastes horrible (I added too much salt) but oh my goodness! My mouth feels CLEAN once I finish brushing with the baking soda paste. And my teeth are whiter. I'll play with the recipe and see if I can make it taste awesome but, so far, it actually does work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment