Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dairy free, corn free, tomato free PIZZA!

I have been dying for a slice of pizza lately. It's been terrible! So, I figured I'd do something about it. I made pizza. Okay, so it's the Daiya Mozzarella shredded "cheese", pita bread, pepperoni, and olive oil with spices for a sauce. It's awesome. I did put too much salt in the sauce but that is super easy to correct. This dairy free/tomato free/corn free pizza is about like putting together those English muffin pizzas. It's not going to be the best pizza in the world but it will be good enough to eat and call food. Actually, I like the Mozzarella "cheese" better than the cheddar. It tastes a lot closer to what I remember cheese tasting like.

Recipe:

Pita Bread
Daiya Mozzarella shredded cheese
Pepperoni (or any other meats/veggies you want)
Olive oil
Oregano
Basil
Pepper
Salt

Preheat the oven to 325F.  Put the Pita bread on a baking sheet.   In a bowl, stir together about 1tbl of oregano, 1/2tbl of basil, 1tea of Salt, and enough pepper to taste with the olive oil.  Brush this mix on to the pita bread.  Place the pepperoni on top of this and then sprinkle on the cheese.  Put in the oven for about 7 minutes.

  Costume stuff up probably tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment