Thursday, November 7, 2013

New Starter!



It was only half way filled when I added 1/4 cup of flour and water this morning. It's been growing like crazy - which is good- but I can't use it until next week. It won't be "sour" until then. Gah!



Look! Bubbles! Actually, that just shows how alive the starter is. It's only 48 hours old and it's already very very active. And yes, pickle jars are awesome to put starters in. You just have to clean them really well. I hope to be able to use this starter for Thanksgiving. We are going over to my brothers and sister in laws again - so I'm bringing a lot of bread. My SIL has 5 sisters, at least 4 of whom live in the area. I'm one of four children. My brother and SIL have 3 kids - in other words, with just the siblings and kids, it's already a nice large party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment