Tuesday, May 13, 2014
My New 1920's Dress!
The pattern is the same as I've used previously with only a very minor couple of changes. The first is, rather than cut out a curved armsyce, I made the straps longer and cut it a bit more square to give "cap" sleeves. This makes it a bit more like the yellow dress in this 1925 Fashion Plate:
I might add some purple or pink flowers to the dress just for a bit more contrast. I'm pretty happy with it. It only took an hour to make (including taking out the hem of one sleeve and putting it back in so that my arm could fit through it without it being snug!). I think the blue knit was $10 or so - I don't remember because I bought it a few years ago thinking it was real embroidered cotton and not velvet embossed knit!
Now, maybe, I can work on the Teens Era dress!