Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Dress!

Better and more pictures later!

I used Simplicity 1961 for the pink knit jacket and Simplicity 9103 for the cream knit dress. I used the jacket pattern as is - no changes. I just cut it out of some pink knit I've been wanting for months at Joann's and followed the directions - sort of. I've made up this jacket a couple of times before. It's a nice, 3/4 sleeve knit jacket that works well both for work clothing and with just jeans.

The dress pattern is my favorite modern clothing dress pattern. It's ridiculously simple. I made the sleeveless version and made it shorter than the pattern because I wanted it above the knee. It's only a little over a yard of fabric but the dress is so versatile. I also added lace to the hem.

The lace top is loosely based on the dress pattern. I used it for the armholes and the neckline. However, it goes out at the sides and has a slight handkerchief hem.

I machine stitched everything using the stretch settings on my Singer Heavy Duty machine. It's much slower than the serger but the serger refused to behave...again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment