Monday, July 6, 2015

1490's Venetian Gown

The above is the inspiration for my dress.  I had some lovely mint green damask I got at my thrift store for dirt cheap and some orange dupioni for $4 a yard on Fabric.com a few years ago.  The two went together amazingly well so I thought to make the above style.  I used a very heavily modified version of Simplicity 8735 to get the shoulders.  The skirt is just gathered or pleated rectangles.


Before Abby attacked.  :-)





So...the dress dummy doesn't have shoulders so it looks a bit ridiculous on her.  I'll try to see if I can get pictures of me wearing it tomorrow but with all the flash flood warnings lately, I'm not sure.   The color of the dress in the side photo is the best.  The rest are washed out greatly.  I gave up last night and just wore it inside. The lighting inside isn't the best and you have to deal with my messy living room as a backdrop but the colors in those photos are way better than the cell phone ones. You can easily see the golden orange and the mint green of the outfit.

Feel free to ask any questions!  I plan on wearing this at Pennsic.  I'm hoping Midnight Madness.


This is what happens when I try to sit down.  This strange black and white furball thinks it's playtime.  :-)





0 comments:

Post a Comment