Sunday, September 29, 2013

1920's Hair & Makeup







A rather silly picture of me but this is what I ended up doing for my hair and makeup in my 1920's outfit.  Here is me, posing with Edward & Jacob in the full outfit:


DSC04457
I wish I had stood up straighter. The dress is actually very flattering when I'm not half hunched over. Anyway, my hair is based on two different sources.




















I wore my braids a bit further back on my head rather than go full Princess Leia but I really liked the look. Not everyone chopped off their flowing tresses in the 1920's. Many just pinned their hair up tightly at the base of the skull and carried on.

For the make up, I used a smokey eye shadow, a lot of face powder, my normal Burt's Bees lipstick (raisin), and eye liner. The eye liner really is key for the 1920's look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment