Monday, May 13, 2013

Food!

I've been playing with my food again. :-)

Lemon Pepper and Chives Chicken

I had fun with this one and I'm still experimenting with the recipe. It tasted fine but I accidentally burnt some of the chives so...I need to rework my timing next time.

1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 tablespoons white cooking wine
3 fresh chives - chopped
1 tablespoon of lemon pepper
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 boneless chicken breasts

I fried up the chicken in the olive oil. All the measurements are relative since I just poured the olive oil in the pan for cooking. Once one side was cooked, I should have only added the cooking wine, lemon pepper, and lemon juice but I also added the chives. Do not do this. I lightly coated the chicken in lemon pepper. Once the other side is almost done, I should have added the chives. The chives are from my garden and some of them have onion pearls. I crushed those using a garlic press and put the pressed pearls on the chicken. Once it was full cooked and I put some salt on it (probably something else I should have added to the list), it tasted wonderful. I didn't take pictures because it was slightly ugly with the burnt chives but, eh, whatever. It was very yummy.

Another thing I've made is my version of study food:

food!

Deviled Eggs! It's just boiled egg yolks, a small amount of the real dijon mustard, a large amount of mayo, and chives. I then mashed it together, sprinkled paprika on the eggs after filling them with the mix, and put green olives on top. Awesome and tasty study food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment