Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend and Wines

I was bad over the weekend. I had butter on Saturday (hard not to when you are eating out in the modern world!) and I had Turkey with mustard sauce and Banana Nut Bread on Sunday. Given that, even in the Renaissance, Sunday is a feast day, I'm not too worried. The turkey was so good! You can't beat the food at the American Indian Museum in DC for downtown food. It's pricy, but if you are walking around the museums and get hungry while in DC, go there. It's worth it.

On Saturday, I had crab cakes, rice, carrots, and peas at a Irish Pub in Baltimore. The vegetables were cooked in butter but the rest of the dish at least seemed like something similar to what was eaten in the late 16th C. So, not too horrible, really. ;-)

The wines I bought that I've never gotten around to writing about. The first is just a Sparkling Wine I like that is supposed to be sweet. The label is Andre and I've had the blush before but I want to try the sweet. The other wine is Gabbiano but I can't find it on the site. According to the label on the bottle, the vineyard was established in the 12th Century...

Today, I plan on going home for lunch so I can have a nice fresh salad. I'd also like to take the salmon out of the freezer and that way, it will be defrosted by the time I get home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment