Monday, June 2, 2014
Mom's Late 1810's/Early 1820's Outfit
Part of the problem was that the Sense and Sensibility pattern I used is ridiculously bulky. Because I was already piecing the blue wool together from scraps, it ended up with even more seams than necessary as I took it in. Below is the left back shoulder. There should be one seam. There are three.
I couldn't do much with the cross over dress - it had to cross over because of the way the tablecloth I used for the skirt was constructed. It had scallops on three sides but not the fourth. Therefore, the fourth side had to be hidden in a cross over. I took off the scallops on the top side to use as trim around the neckline and sleeves.