Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ash Wednesday!!!

I'm so excited to do the Medieval Lent thing again this year. I did it last year and the the year before that and the year before that. Today I've had hot chocolate (chocolate, sugar, almond milk), raisins, a pickle, and red beans and rice.

The recipe for the red beans and rice is here.


The difference I did this time was I added salt and I made the rice with almond milk. Rather than store bought almond milk, I made my own. I used the oh so period correct blender to chop up some blanched almonds and poured water through an bag specifically created to make almond milk. I ended up making 3 cups of almond milk and it took all three cups to cook the rice correctly.

The rice is really creamy because of the almond milk but it's quite good.  This is one of my favorite recipes.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment