Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Dress!



I have it shown with my pink shurg I wore over it. It looked really cute together. The dress is my own design. I took one of the $4.95 saris I got at the thrift store a few weeks ago and some polished purple cotton from my stash to make the dress. The lining (the purple cotton) is fitted. I loved the idea of a handkerchief hem for the beach on Easter. Of course, it ended up being maybe 50F at the beach so I - as well as pretty much everyone else- froze.  We ran into the church and out of the church as quickly as possibly.  Even Dad turned up the heat in the truck because it was too cold.  :-)

Still, I'm rather happy with the dress.  The pattern has bust darts both at the underbust waistline and at the sides.  The original pattern I came up with (a wrap dress) looked horrible so this is the second version of this dress.   The sari bodice is gathered at the front.  I also used the sari border to make the waistline. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment