Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Orange Fritters!

The baked oranges I posted earlier called for a paste. All it says is to dip the oranges in the paste, to do something with sugar, Cinnamon, and ginger if you want it, and then to bake 'em leisurely. Well, figuring I made a decent paste with the apple fritters, I'd use that as a paste and fry the oranges up rather than bake them. I added sugar, cinnamon, and ginger to the paste. Oh my goodness, it's good. If I had burnt some sugar in the olive oil (don't ask), they would have been perfect. I added some powdered sugar on top of the fried oranges. I'm not normally a big fan of oranges not in juice form, but this is a pretty yummy snack!

I might try actually baking them next time, just to see the difference but it tastes fine the way it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment