Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 6 and new project started


DSC03562


The outline is done, I just need to go back over it. I also need to finish up the roses. I'm guessing maybe another 3 days and then the collar will be done. After that, I still need to make the two cuffs and then put together the chemise itself. This will be interesting.

Because I cannot keep to just one project for more than five minutes (where's the fun in just one project?), I've also started a 1790's gown. I've cut it out and will sew it up tomorrow, hopefully.

DSC03563


The red on red striped silk is what I'm using for the dress. It's not nearly as bright as in the picture. It's a few shades more subdued and has an orange/peach tint to it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have those exact scissors and the measuring tape... both of them are my favorite out of the multitude I have! :D
    And I love that fabric! Stripes ARE my favorite pattern... :-)

    ReplyDelete